The client was a division of a UK PLC in the Environmental Service sector. Over the last decade the company has undertaken a significant change in strategic direction and continues to adapt to a rapidly changing market.The client has a track record of divesting in activities that are not core to the strategic plan.
The Group Board made the decision to divest the national waste collection activity to a major competitor. A deal that had to complete by a fixed deadline.
6two6 were contracted to support the divestment process. We took stewardship of one regional activity and ensured that “business as usual” was maintained throughout the process. We were required to ensure that the activity was structured for sale.
In order to meet this business problem we provided the following support:
- Member of UK Executive Team – the positioning and presentation of activity
- Review each operating business line to maximize value
- Regular financial and operational reviews to ensure acquirer visibility
- Implement KPI measurement to maintain performance
- Implement a local ownership management structure for easy integration
- Integral part of the divestment team to create and manage key relationships
- Liaise on transfer requirements to maintain a constructive process
- Manage operational transfer requirements at completion